Let’s face it – purchasing a new roof can be a major investment. As such, it is important you take certain steps to care for your roof and keep it in good shape for as long as possible. Whether your roof is brand new or starting to show signs of age, it is recommended you keep the following tips in mind to ensure you are getting the most out of its lifespan.
- Regular inspections: Just like it is important for you to get regular medical check-ups or to take your car in for routine maintenance, it is important you have your roof regularly inspected to identify signs of wear and tear. In many cases, roofing issues that are caught early can be fixed quickly and easily before they escalate into major, expensive problems. Generally speaking, it is recommended you have your roof inspected by a professional every three years.
- Install a solar attic fan: The beating Arizona sun can cause the temperature of your attic to skyrocket during summertime, causing your roof’s materials to deteriorate. Attic fans, especially ones that are solar powered, do an excellent job to pull this hot air outward and promote proper ventilation, reducing the strain on your roof and fighting mold-causing moisture.
- Tread lightly: Though they may be sturdy, roofs can be easily damaged simply by walking upon them in an improper manner. Do not walk on your roof unless you absolutely have to, and if you do, be sure to step gently and only on reinforced areas.
- Trim overhanging branches: Overhanging tree branches and debris can wreak havoc on your roof, leading to missing and broken shingles, clogged gutters, leaks, or even gaping holes. If you have trees all around your house or business, it is recommended you have them trimmed a minimum of 5 feet away from your roof.
- Clean your gutters: The condition of your gutters can have a direct impact on the condition of your roof. Clogged gutters can prevent rainwater from properly draining and cause it to pool, causing roof leaks and damage to your shingles.
Need Roof Repairs? Give Lyons Roofing a Call
At Lyons Roofing, our team of professionals has been providing premier quality roofing repairs, installations, and maintenance services to residential and commercial clients throughout Phoenix and Tucson for more than 20 years. Backed by numerous appreciative client testimonials and countless awards for our excellent service and workmanship, our award-winning roofers have the know-how and passion to maximize the life of your roof.Call (602) 497-0717 for service in Phoenix or (520) 447-2522 for service in Tucson.