If you live in the same house long enough, your roof will eventually experience enough wear and tear that it will need some amount of repairs. However, while almost every homeowner will need to repair their roof at some point, these services don’t have to break the bank. By taking a few simple steps earlier rather than later, you may be able to save yourself a huge headache and a ton of money in the long run. Keep reading to learn some tips to reduce the cost of roof repairs, courtesy of our experienced residential roofers at Lyons Roofing.
The Top 5 Ways to Reduce Your Roof Repair Costs
- Take a Look: One of the simplest ways to reduce roof repair costs is simply to look up every once in awhile. Even though your roof is one of the most important parts of your home, it is easy to take it for granted. Fortunately, you can tell a lot about your roof just by doing a visual inspection. Consider, does it look like your roof has experienced storm damage? Are their missing shingles or tiles? Is your siding in good condition and can you spot any visible leaks? You may also want to climb onto your roof with a ladder to conduct a more thorough inspection once a year or so, though do not do this too often, as it A) can be dangerous for yourself and your roof and B) is usually better left to a professional. Fortunately, Lyons Roofing is always ready and willing when you need to hire an experienced roofer for an inspection.
- Act Sooner Rather Than Later: Like most things when it comes to home improvement, speed is the name of the game in roofing. If your roof looks cracked and damaged or you notice a small leak coming into your house, you may be tempted to wait to fix the problem. After all, if it is not affecting your daily life, it’s tough to get excited about spending the money. But these issues are only going to get worse the longer you let them sit. We understand that paying for roof repairs is never fun, but we guarantee you, solving those small problems now can help you avoid high service costs down the line.
- Don’t be Afraid to Replace Shingles: Obviously, shingle replacement is one of the key aspects of roof maintenance. Missing or cracked shingles are among the most evident signs of roof problems, and while they are not necessarily devastating by themselves, enough missing shingles can end up costing you a lot. However, even if only a few of your shingles are damaged, it’s not a bad idea to just get a replacement over with. Shingle problems sometimes bely greater issues that are going on with your roof, plus, it is often more cost-efficient to address shingle damage as it comes, rather than waiting till all your shingles are damaged and you need a comprehensive but costly replacement.
- Prevention, Prevention, Prevention: Again, we know you probably have a busy life, and there are a ton of other things for you to think about other than the state of your roof. But by taking simple preventative measures now, you really can help cut down on the price of any eventual repairs that pop up. For instance, consider having your roof cleaned at least once a year to get rid of damaging mold growth and other debris. Make sure your attic is properly insulated, so your roof retains a more consistent temperature throughout the year. And if you have a leak coming through something like a skylight, call a roofer to address it ASAP, rather than waiting for the problem to spiral out of control. If you do all this, your roof repair costs will remain stable. That is, assuming you also…
- Hire a Trusted Professional: At the end of the day, the most cost-effective roof repairs are always performed by the most experienced roofers. Luckily, Lyons has spent almost 30 years in the roofing business, so you know we have what it takes to get the job done right. Our licensed, bonded, and insured roofers are known across the area for delivering high-quality, affordable service for roof problems big and small. And as an award-winning business with a passion for helping our community, Lyons Roofing will always make sure you receive the right repairs for your specific needs.
To schedule an appointment, call Lyons Roofing now at (520) 447-2522, or send us a message online.