At Lyons Roofing, we offer a wide variety of different roofing options for your home. Keep reading to learn the benefits of upgrading to a flat roof.
What Is a Flat Roof?
In contrast to a pitched roof, a flat roof has a slope of about 10 degrees or less, and has been known to help extend the life of your roofing system. It’s therefore not actually ‘flat’. They are made of specialized materials to avoid leaks — especially during extended periods of rain.
Benefits of Flat Roofs
In general, flat roofs tend to be more cost-effective in comparison to a pitched roof, because they require fewer materials and less labor. Additionally, flat roofs are a great choice because they:
- Are quick to install
- Are easily maintained and inspected
- Have a more “modern” appearance that can help your home stand out in your neighborhood
- Increase home insulation value
- Are more environmentally-friendly
Flat Roof Materials
At Lyons Roofing, we use the following material for our residential flat roofs:
- Foam: known for having waterproofing and leak prevention benefits, as well as added insulation value
- Modified: perform well at all temperatures, combining temperature stability with proven weather-resistant characteristics
At Lyons Roofing, we are proud to offer energy-efficient foam roof installation for optimal results and lasting protection. If you are a homeowner in Tucson or Phoenix and looking for the best roofing option for your investment, let our roofing contractors explain your options. Contact us today to set up a consultation: (520) 447-2522