Let’s face it – nobody ever wants to hire a professional to fix their roof. Roofing issues never seem to happen at convenient times. In fact, most roof problems are only noticed once serious damage has already occurred. But when the time comes, should you call a professional or attempt to fix it yourself?
The following reasons explain why you may want to consider hiring a professional roofer:
- The issue may be more serious than you think: While you may think that a small leak depositing water into your attic can be easily fixed, it is likely that your roof’s issues extend far beyond what is visible to the naked eye. From missing shingles and damaged flashings to worn or improperly installed underlayment, a professional will be able to properly diagnose the cause of your roofing problem and recommend a proper fix.
- Roofing is dangerous: Did you know that according to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), falls from roofs account for one-third of all fall-related construction fatalities? Getting up onto your roof is a dangerous activity which can expose you to serious injury in the event of a fall. A professional roofer will understand how to get the job done safely and save you from a potential trip to the hospital.
- They offer warranties on their work: Like most DIY projects, fixing your roof will likely take a bit of learning the first time around. Likewise, it is more than likely that you will encounter a few snags or make a few errors along the way. Given the importance of your roof to your home’s overall structural integrity, you cannot afford to take any chances with its maintenance. Most roofing companies worth their salt will offer a warranty on all work completed, providing you with much-needed peace of mind knowing that your roof will stand the test of time.
- They can get the job done faster: Even if working on your home is something you enjoy, in today’s busy age, it is likely that you have far more important things to do with your time than spend valuable hours laboring away on your roof. Worst of all, if your roofing project should end up taking longer than expected, you could end up leaving your roof exposed to the elements and worsen the damage in the process. Hiring a professional roofer will allow you to get the job done quickly, thus protecting your property.
- They can save you money: While many people think that fixing their roof themselves would cost less than hiring a professional, DIY-ers will need to purchase many of the essential tools and can encounter increased costs in the event that they should encounter further issues while working on the roof. A professional roofer will be able to get the necessary materials for less and will already have the necessary equipment.
Need a New Roof? Our Phoenix Roofers Can Help
At Lyons Roofing, our team of award-winning Phoenix roofers has been providing top-rated residential and commercial roofing services to customers throughout Arizona for more than 20 years. Backed by numerous 5-star testimonials, our licensed, bonded, and insured roofing company can provide the premier-quality service and workmanship you need.
Dial (520) 447-2522 or complete an online form today to get started.