Your roof is one of the most important parts of your house, but how much time do you really spend thinking about it? “Having a roof over your heard” is practically the definition of a stable home, yet too often, people go years without proper roof maintenance. Fortunately, if you have not had your roofing system looked at in awhile, our expert roofers are here to provide a thorough inspection. Backed by almost 30 years of experience, we are known for going above and beyond to deliver satisfaction. Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of a professional roof inspection, and remember that for all your roofing repair and installation needs, Lyons Roofing is the company to trust.
7 Reasons You Should Consider Getting a Professional Roof Inspection
- You Will Find Hidden Damage Before It Costs You a Lot of Money: There is a myriad of problems that can stay hidden in your roof for years, piling up before they eventually cost you a ton of money in repairs. With our cutting-edge tools and equipment, we can climb onto your roof and access parts of it you cannot safely get to on your own. This allows us to find things like hidden leaks, wood rot, and mold.
- You Will be Able to Communicate Better With Your Insurance Company: Say your roof is hit by a sudden disaster, like a severe storm or a fallen tree branch. Dealing with your insurance provider in these situations can be hard. A professional roof inspection can help you navigate this process, so you can submit a detailed report to your insurance company, thereby allowing you to repair or replace your roof without paying as much on your deductible.
- You Will Increase the Lifespan of Your Roof: When it comes to maintaining a strong roof, speed is key. You probably don’t spend a lot of time looking up at your roof, meaning you may not notice issues like UV rays drying out your shingles, water pooling following a storm, fascia that has gotten rusted and worn down, and even animals making nests on top of your home. When enough of these problems accumulate over time, they can result in everything from minor leaks in your roof or severe water damage throughout your home. However, you can prevent these issues from building up and preserve your roof’s lifespan for years to come just by scheduling annual inspections. The average roof should last 20-30 years, though you may have to replace your roof a lot sooner if you never have it serviced. Conversely, with regular inspections and maintenance, a solid roof can survive for 50 years or more.
- You Will Know Exactly When to Replace Your Roof: Building off our last point, one of the most valuable things about roof inspections is not just helping roofs survive for as long as possible, but actually predicting when aging roofs need to be replaced. We understand that installing a brand new roof can feel like a major cost, and to be sure, it’s definitely a financial commitment. But with periodic roof inspections, you will be able to ensure your roof gets replaced before a major accident happens, such as a collapse or a blow-off.
- You Will Stay Safe for Years to Come: Ultimately, the most important thing your roof does is keep you safe. Saving money is important, but it doesn’t mean anything if you or your family don’t have a stable home to live in. That’s why our roofers’ main goal with inspections is to prevent dangerous events from affecting your household, so you can stay in your home for years to come knowing you have a secure roof over your head.