Choosing the right commercial roofing contractor is essential to ensuring that your business's roofing needs are met promptly and efficiently. When shopping around for a commercial roofing contractor, you know you want someone who can deliver the quality service your business deserves. However, with so many options out there, it can be difficult to know what to look for.
In this blog post, we'll share some of our top tips for choosing the right commercial roofer and highlight the services you should expect from a reputable contractor.
How Is a Commercial Roofing Contractor Different?
A commercial roofing contractor is a professional who specializes in installing, repairing, and maintaining roofs of commercial buildings such as warehouses, factories, hospitals, schools, office buildings, retail spaces, and more. As such, commercial roofing contractors tend to work on a larger scale than residential roofing contractors and have experience with a wide range of roofing materials beyond those that you typically see on someone’s home.
Commercial roofs can be flat or pitched and utilize a variety of materials, including:
- Elastomeric, Aluminum, and Glass emulsion
- Modified bitumen
- Polyurethane Spray Foam
Commercial roofing contractors have a specialized set of skills and knowledge that goes beyond residential roofing. They will also have a thorough understanding of all relevant commercial building codes for your area, as commercial roofing projects may require permits and licensing that residential roofing projects do not.
What to Look for in a Commercial Roofing Contractor
The type of roof you install is one of the most important investments your business can make in your property. It protects your employees, customers, and inventory from the elements, and it can also have a significant impact on your energy bills. That's why choosing a qualified commercial roofing contractor who can guide you in all aspects of roof maintenance, from repair to inspections to replacements, is important.
Commercial roofing contractor checklist:
- Local and well-established: Look for a commercial roofing contractor who has a local presence and has been established in the community for several years. This can indicate their reliability and ability to provide long-term support.
- Licensed and Insured: A licensed commercial roofer is one who has met the state's requirements for licensing. Additionally, it's essential to work with an insured contractor to make sure that you are protected from liabilities in case of any accidents or damages during the roofing process.
- Experience and Expertise: Choose a commercial roofing contractor with ample experience with commercial roofing installations in your industry. This ensures that they are knowledgeable about the type of roofing system your business requires.
- Customer Service: A reputable commercial roofing contractor prioritizes their clients and offers excellent customer service. Look for a contractor who is responsive, professional, and communicates well.
A commercial roofing contractor worth working with should also offer a complete range of services, including installation, repair, and maintenance.
How to Vet a Commercial Roofing Contractor
Before hiring a commercial roofing contractor, it's essential to do your due diligence. Verify that the commercial roofing contractor has a valid license and liability insurance. Check the contractor's website and their online reviews and ratings to see what their clients say about them. Get referrals from other businesses that have worked with the contractor so you know what to expect from them.
Ways to vet a commercial roofing contractor:
- Check their license and insurance
- Read reviews and ratings
- Check their BBB rating
- Ask for referrals and examples of their recent work
Choosing the right commercial roofing contractor can save you money and prevent roof damage in the long run.At Lyons Roofing, we have a team of experienced professionals specializing in commercial roofing. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about how we can help with your commercial roofing needs.