In today’s modern design landscape, you have more options for roof design than ever. From shingles to tiles to foam, no matter what roofing material is right for your home, you can count on our licensed, bonded, and insured team at Lyons Roofing to get the job done right. However, roofing materials are only half the equation. Once you’ve decided, what type of roof you want, you also have to find the perfect color. This can be daunting, as there are no small amount of options to choose from. Fortunately, our expert roofers at Lyons are here to tell you exactly how to select the right roof color for your home.
A Simple Guide to Selecting the Right Color for Your Roof
- For traditional homes: The best roofing color for traditional houses is usually a black or dark blend. This will match your home’s stately appearance, and ensure your roof doesn’t clash with the classic nature of your larger property.
- For suburban homes: For most suburban houses, it’s all about tans, grays, and beige. These light colors may not seem that interesting, and may not even fit your house, depending on whether it has a more modern style. However, for suburban homeowners who want to keep it simple, these basic tones consistently get the job done.
- For deep reds and oranges: For rusty reds or burnt oranges, match your home’s roof with a red or brown color. This look is perfect for houses located in the Southwest or Florida, where stucco and clay tiles are part of a long and rich design tradition.
- For homes in wooded areas: If your home is located in or around a wooded area, you will want to stick with the earth theme when it comes time to pick out a roof. Think deep forest tones, like shingles with green and brown blends, and siding that has the hue of the trees.
- For beach houses or houses with red trim: There’s no way around it; if your home has red trim, it’s probably going to have a slightly beachy look, even if it’s located in the suburbs. Our suggestion—you might as well lean into it! Don’t be afraid to go with nautical colors. Beach homes beg for blue roofs to complete them, and if you have already gone with the bold choice of red for your trim, you might as well go all-in on a tasteful blue.
Call Lyons Roofing for More Options Today
Ultimately, you’re going to look at the color of your roof every day, so you might as well go with something that fits your style. Granted there are other factors to consider, such as the climate you live in, the building codes of your local municipality, and the aesthetic choices of your neighborhood (unless you want to be known as the house on the street that stands out.) Yet at the end of the day, your roof color is your choice. The above guide is just a few suggestions to get you thinking, not hard and fast rules. But no matter what you decide on, you can count on our trusted roofers to get the job done right when it comes to your next roofing service.
To learn more about what Lyons Roofing can do for your home, just call (520) 447-2522. You can also send us a message right here, online.