Why Lyons Roofing Is a Great Place to Work
Why Become a Roofer with Lyons Roofing?
If sitting in a boring office job doesn’t sound like your cup of tea, you might want to consider getting out and starting a career in the roofing industry. In recent years, more and more people are reevaluating what they want out of their careers and, subsequently, are finding that a varied job where they aren’t chained to a desk every day not only sounds attractive but is ideal.
Reasons to consider a career as a roofer:
- With the rise in both new construction and remodeling projects, the demand for skilled roofers is at an all-time high
- The job doesn’t require a college degree, and you can get started with little to no experience
- There are many opportunities to grow your career through journeyman training, certification programs, licensing opportunities, and more
- You can earn a healthy salary that allows you to support yourself and your family
As a roofer, you can work outdoors, doing rewarding work that gives you a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day. As a roofer with Lyons, you get to do this and enjoy the benefits of working for a company that genuinely cares about you and your career potential, wherever that may take you. Many of our employees have been with us for years, and we have helped them grow their careers to new heights, giving them the support they need to excel.
Lyons Roofing provides residential and commercial roofing services across the Phoenix and Tucson areas, as well as skylight, solar tubular light, and solar attic fan services.
How to Become a Roofing Contractor in AZ
To become a licensed roofing contractor in Arizona, the interested party must secure a license through the Arizona Registrar of Contractors. Roofing contractors must have a minimum of four years of either hands-on and/or managerial experience, as well as pass their SRE (Statutes and Rules) and T (Trade) exams. Applicants will also need to submit to a background check, form a legal entity, submit proof of a license bond, and pay necessary application fees.
Though becoming a licensed roofing contractor may seem daunting, we can safely say that it is not only an incredibly rewarding career path but an amazingly simple one to get started on. If you are looking for a well-paying job with true career growth potential, you would be wise to consider a job in the roofing industry, and more specifically, with Lyons Roofing.
Current open positions vary but may include the following:
- Customer service
Despite Supply Chain & Workforce Shortage Issues, Lyons Roofing Is Thriving
Since the pandemic, you have likely heard about global supply chain issues. The roofing industry is not immune to these problems. Furthermore, the pandemic has also exacerbated the building issue of a shortage of skilled roofing contractors. From delayed shipments to increased materials costs, many people have noticed that the prices of both roofing materials and services have increased.
Despite these challenges, Lyons Roofing has continued to thrive. We attribute this to our positive attitude and commitment to taking care of our employees just as well as our customers. At Lyons Roofing, we truly are a family, and we believe in fostering the current and the next generation of roofing contractors.
The Lyons Roofing difference:
- We have a full-time Safety Director monitoring our company’s compliance with State and Federal safety requirements
- We are a BBB Ethics Award Winner, known for the high level of trust our employees and our customers show in us
- We are committed to excellence at all levels, and all of our staff is highly trained and certified
- We offer employees a lucrative commission and bonus structure, helping them achieve their financial goals
Are you interested in a career at Lyons Roofing? Reach out to us today to learn more about open positions across the company.